- Install awstats package
- Edit a file called /etc/awstats/awstats.hostname.conf where hostname is the hostname. Put something like this in it:
- Make a directory called /var/cache and chmod it 777 so it can be used from the web server
- Copy icons to web directory:
cp -r /usr/share/awstats/icon /var/www/icon
- Run this to update databases:
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=hostname -update
- In your web browser, go to the url:
- Study the stats in quiet awe
- Edit crontab to update stats automatically every night:
0 1 * * * /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=hostname -update
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Setting up awstats in ubuntu
Finally my server at abdullahsolutions.com has awstats after delaying to install it for so long. The steps I follow were found at here http://www.petersblog.org/node/697 . Here they are:
As I embark on my new journey to learn the Rust programming language, I find myself pondering—where have all the blogs gone? In search of pr...
My blogs' name is High-Tech Rojak but I don't recall ever talking about food. So here's a first. Just recently I got some free t...
Last week I've written about my personal updates and I mentioned that nowadays I'm listening to audiobooks while I'm commuting t...
Finally solved a very big problem for me... How do I render a page in spring framework that uses the thymeleaf templating engine? The string...